- The key attraction to you as a merchant is that once a cardholder registered with the scheme has input their correct 3D Secure password during a transaction and this has been successfully authenticated (and providing that they are acting legally), the liability of a chargeback arising from the cardholder denying that they authorised the transaction, should shift from you (the merchant) to the cardholder’s issuing bank.
- If a customer is not yet registered with the scheme, the fact that the transaction is checked by Nochex for 3D Secure compliance should give similar protection from the customer denying that they processed the transaction (providing the customer’s bank is participating in the 3D Secure scheme).
- Increased card holder confidence, leading to increased sales. Currently, around 50% of cardholders have not participated in an electronic transaction*. A huge potential market to unlock!
- Early adoption - 3D Secure looks set to become the leading security system for online credit card transactions. Give your customers peace of mind and show you care about their security.
- No additional fees.
* Source: MasterCard website